Saturday, July 25, 2015

The close of "D" day

It is the close of "D" day or better known as departure day.  Well it took us over 12 hours to arrive at our first hotel.  I know, I know, you are probably thinking several things but let me remind you that we are traveling as 4 adults, 3 children 5 and under, 2 dogs in a mini van and two 26 foot diesel trucks that each have a vehicle behind them on a tow dolly.  OK, now you have the picture.  The funniest thing today was when this caravan found itself on the wrong street in Rapid City which was a winding unkept gravel road up one side of a hill and down another.  OK, so maybe the drivers didn't think it so funny at the time, but in time they will.  ;-)  
As we traveled across South Dakota I was reminded of the wonderful creativity our God has.  You see it in the rolling hills, the herds of cattle with their young, the many rows of bales of hay, the wheat being harvested and when we stopped at a rest stop near Chamberlain, in Eden's words as she ran to the edge of a wonderful overlook and exclaimed, "I can see the whole world!"
Of course I know we left great beauty behind in Iowa and as I would think of that I would begin to question our decision.  Tears would form and I wondered what we were doing.  BUT our God is a great big God and He is with each one of us through each day of our journey - no matter where it takes us or what He asks of us and even when we struggle and our eyes begin to look down.  He will lift them up, He will wrap His arms around and He doesn't make mistakes.  Sleep well.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment