Thursday, April 7, 2016

Anita Renfroe was right!





Anita Renfroe is an amazing Christian Comedian who I have been a fan of for several years.  If you are not familiar with her, watch this clip.  It will either make you a fan or jog your memory.

The Mom Song -

One of her dvd’s is entitled It’s Probably Just My Thyroid.  Love, love, loved it.  Through comedy she traced all her problems back to her thyroid.  (Kind of like the father in My Big Fat Greek  Wedding could trace everything back to Greece.)  

Well, while back at the doctor again yesterday to continue to solve the High Blood Pressure problem, it was noticed, and I fully agreed, that my heart was racing.  Unfortunately I was beginning to think this was the new norm.  After reviewing my records again followed by an EKG to make sure I wasn’t showing signs of a heart attack, it was decided that I was taking too much thyroid medication – causing my  heart to race.  WooHoo – it’s probably just my thyroid!  Anita was right.

Well time will tell how things will progress from here.  I will  keep you updated.  But just to remind you that laughter is one of the greatest gifts God blessed us with, here is another great clip of Anita’s - 

All The WRINKLED Ladies!

Are there tears running down your legs yet?  (Women, you know what I mean)

Moving on.  There are a few more fun things I want to share with you.  Yesterday I gave myself permission to have a little fun and I found the Country Mercantile. 
 

I drove by some great blooming orchards and near several vineyards.  Great views, it is located on the edge of the city.  The easiest way to describe this place is a gourmet food store on steroids.  No kidding.  There are so many jar products of fruits, salsas, vinegars, oils, etc.  and seasonings along with fresh produce locally grown, their own bakery, candy shop, gelato of several flavors, and deli.  I had no problem walking around sampling many items, including green apple gelato.  It was amazing.  I turned down other samples as I wanted to savor the flavor, it was so great.  But then I did break down and decided to have lunch.  I was able to have my very first tamales.  Great experience but 3 were too many and I couldn’t finish my meal.  

One of the great benefits of being home in the afternoons is having the time to cook amazing food to share with my husband.  We have been enjoying many different Mexican dishes, most of these recipes have come from our daughter and her husband who is from Southern Mexico and also things like tilapia and stir fry – dishes introduced to us by our oldest daughter.  And then there are many recipes that I have collected from Pinterest as well.  I’m cooking with many more herbs, fresh garlic, onions, vinegars, etc.  The flavor is amazing and its fun to explore.  Of course the healthy benefit goes without saying.

But one more note about food.  Growing up on a farm, always having a garden and knowing many farmers I thought you would get a kick out of this that we found available at a store here.
 

That’s right – you too can grow your own corn.  They have started it for you and for $3.68 you will get a 3 inch pot with 3 little stalks of corn.  Wow – that just blew our minds.  (And Lee Seaman – here’s a great new way for you to profit ;))

Well, it’s great to stay in touch and of course share laughter – which is what I hope you did this time.  We will continue to Serve Him, no matter the distance between us.


No comments:

Post a Comment