Thursday, October 1, 2015

By the numbers!

So I'm sure you have all heard this before, "By the numbers".  Whether it was on a news broadcast, a top 10 rating or gimmick or .... who knows.  Well, today I want to share with some with you.  "By the numbers in Richland Washington!  Here are some things I have noticed that involve numbers.

Well, to start off light - last evening Phil and I were driving home from downtown area of Richland, it was getting dark, people had their lights on in their homes.  We were passing a two story house, the upstairs room, of which I assume was a bedroom, had the light on and curtains open. There was a shelf on the wall with 8 styrofoam heads each adorned with a different wig on it.  Seems odd......

In searching for some information on the area here I found that there are 26 lighthouses in Washington that I have never seen!  There are over 800 wineries and 2500 waterfalls here in Washington.  Wow!  That's a lot of sightseeing I need to do.  


There are over 40 walking/hiking trails here in the Tri Cities area.  And you know I can cross one off the list already.  :)  


When we moved here, we sold our second vehicle due to the fact it wouldn't give us great gas mileage and would cost a lot to move it here.  So we have had it on our minds to get a second vehicle again when our house closed in Spencer.  We allocated $2000 for this.  I looked on line (because that's how I shop best) and was led to Craig's list for the area.  I immediately took off all older than 2001, with more than 150,000 miles, with a rebuilt or salvage title and if it said mechanics special.  We looked at one, texted on a couple more.  None of those worked out.  Yesterday morning I received a text back from one I contacted and was referred to an email for further contact.  To make a long story short - we will receive our "new" vehicle on Sunday afternoon.  Someone needed to sell, we needed to buy and we are getting a 2007 Honda Civic for $2000.  The shipping is included (coming from St. Louis MO) along with all the paper work, etc.  God Is Good!!!!


So, yes, yesterday our home in Spencer was officially sold and closed.  We raised a great family there, reached out to many others and have a storeroom of memories.  Was a great house/home.  It will continue to be, for now, our son Timothy.



If you have me on Facebook, you might have seen the almost 3 hours I spent on the phone getting health insurance.  What a stressful, exhausting deal to go through.  The people I worked with were wonderful, but agreed what a deal.   And due to the numbers that make up our monthly premium, I am applying for a part time job.  I really wanted to stay a full time Grandma, but need to do this for now.  The numbers didn't balance.  And who knows what God had in store for me!  I am applying at Hobby Lobby - what a hoot that could be.  Tomorrow I go to take a math test.  More numbers, but anyone who knows me knows that I love math and numbers so this will be fun.

Numbers are used in many places throughout the Bible, God's Word, to teach us, to remind us, to speak to us.  Of course the number 1, being that there is One God, One Son, and One Spirit - 3 yet together they are 1.  Best math equation ever!  Because of the deity of God, the sacrifice of His Son, and the presence of the Spirit - I can trust that the numbers will work out.  And I pray that I will be aware of how God is working the numbers in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment