Friday, October 2, 2015

Emergency Post - I was SCAMMED!!!!

Let's get the cliches out of the way first - There is one born every minute, If it seems too good to be true, it probably is, careful it may turn around and bite you in the b___!

Well, it turned around, showed its large ugly head - opened its massive mouth and gulped me up.

Yes, I was verifying the transactions. (I thought I was - unfortunately it was going right back to the scammers)  Please don't say it would never happen to you.  Yes it can.  And all those things going through your head right now?  I've probably said them to myself and thought those same things about myself.

I have been to the local police, spoke with eBay, and tried to speak with Pay Pal.  Unfortunately after lengthy waiting, finally getting through to a live person, I was cut off.  Tried again and with the automated answering just kept going in circles.  

Bottom line?  I am out $3000.  That is a HUGE chunk of money for us.  This is very humbling to admit all of this, but I don't want ANYONE to go through this.  

If you believe you are dealing with someone through an eBay account, don't reply to verify.  Contact eBay and verify it directly.  

Pray that these people will get caught.  Pray that we can work this out.  Still need a second vehicle, even so I can get a part time job. 

Evil is alive and well.  Don't get sucked in.  Every time I doubted, I would get verification.  Only it wasn't real.  

Share with others for their protection.  This is not a form letter, this is a real story.  My story.

1 comment:

  1. Jean.... How did you make payment? Just the basics please like check, cash, credit card, cashiers check.....

    ReplyDelete