Friday, January 29, 2016

Good News Bad News

We all have gone through the ups and downs of news.   Its good, no its bad, but that's good, no that's bad. etc.  Watch this classic clip from Hee Haw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AohunABHr08

I kind of felt like this when my tests results came back (from all 8 viles of blood that were drawn).  My blood levels were good, but my white blood cell count was a little bad.  My sodium levels were good, but my cholesterol was bad.  My liver tests were good, but my vitamin D level is bad.  Today I went back to the doctor's to recheck my blood pressure.  My blood pressure registered good, but I'm on a pretty good dose of meds.  (That's bad in the sense that I now have another prescription to add to my list)

So see what I mean?  The bad news is that I'm keeping the medical community in business, the good news is that they have the means to help me.  I know, there are many out there that have it much worse than I do.  It's not a competition to see who has the worst list of problems.  We are to emphasize with each other, encourage one another, and up lift one another.  

GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS

A guy is in the hospital with two broken legs. The nurse comes in and tells him that there's good news and bad news.

The guy asks for the bad news first.

The nurse says, "We're going to have to remove your legs."

Then the guy asks for the good news.

The nurse says, "The guy beside you wants to buy your sneakers."

You know, the Bible is full of good news, bad news as well.   The bad news is - 
"23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"  Romans 3:23 (NIV)

But the good news is - "24 Yet God freely and graciously declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins."   Romans 3:24  (NLT)

Wow, now that's bad news, good news worth repeating, sharing, and claiming!



No comments:

Post a Comment